Summary: Declaration of raw OPC-3 ingredients to consumers is a new standard of isotonic OPC products, only from FrenchGlory® Isotonic OPC Antioxidants, Inc. Don’t buy any OPC products without seeing the detailed specifications for all OPC 3 ingredients on sellers’ web sites. Extraction of OPC ingredients demands advanced refining technologies. Low grade OPC ingredients contain much polymeric proanthocyanidins and are potentially harmful to your immune system as polymeric proanthocyanidins prevent mineral absorption as strong metal chelators. OPC quality is the key.
FrenchGlory ® OPC antioxidants contain the following 2 or 3 OPC extracts:
1. Vitaflavan ® French grape seed extract: polyphenols > 96%
Maker: DRT Nutraceutics in France.
Vitaflavan ® is a registered trademark of DRT Nutraceutics in France.
Vitaflavan® OPC is a fine powder as a French grape seed extract, grown in the South West region. Biological activity of grape seed extract is linked to the type of procyanidin. Not all procyanidins have a biological effect. The intestinal absorption and thus their biological activity are based on the OPC molecular weight, the high weight molecules being unabsorbed. Vitaflavan® grape seed extract presents an optimal composition in oligomeric procyanidins, which guarantees bioavailability and effectiveness of the extract. Several OPC grape seed extracts are now available in the market. However, only Vitaflavan® grape seed extract has a high OPC content in short oligomers of catechin and epicatechin, and is characterized by an absence of high molecular weight tannins larger than pentamers. Vitaflavan® GSE is a bulk OPC raw ingredient from grapeseeds, the world-best health ingredient to fight antioxidant deficiency-induced health problems due to imbalanced diet.
TOTAL POLYPHENOL CONTENT > 96%
TRIMERS UP TO PENTAMERS: 56%
PROCYANIDIN CONTENT (GPC): > 75%
PROCYANIDIN CONTENT (PORTER): > 68%
ORAC VALUE (μMOL TEQ/G): 19000.
Vitaflavan® grape seed extract has been tested in vitro and in vivo by different methods and laboratories, standing out as the one of highest purity in the world by the most extensively characterizations. Orac value of Vitaflavan® grape seed extract OPC extract is about 19,000 μmol TE/g*.
Vitaflavan® GSE has been investigated in depth for health benefits. For example, scientific research data indicate that it may have the benefit in helping weight management for people of imbalanced diet. Vitaflavan® OPC may play a role in weight management by reducing the energy intake to overweight dietary unrestrained subjects.† Biological studies indicate that Vitaflavan® grape seed extract may decrease the adipocytes differentiation and to activate the lipolyse with short and long term via actors such as to cAMP, PKA, HSL, G 3PDH, PPAR.†
2. Oligopin® French maritime pine bark extract: polyphenols > 96%
Maker: DRT Nutraceutics in France.
Oligopin® is a registered trademark of DRT Nutraceutics in France.
Oligopin® OPC is a fine powder as a French maritime pine bark extract, grown in the South West region of France. Oligopin® pine bark extract presents an optimal OPC composition in oligomeric procyanidins, which guarantees bioavailability and effectiveness of the OPC extract. Several pine bark extracts are now available in the market. However, only Oligopin® pine bark extract has a high OPC content in short oligomers of catechin and epicatechin, and is characterized by an absence of high molecular weight tannins larger than pentamers. Oligopin ® OPC has high antioxidant activity with ORAC value of about 15,000 μmol TE / g*. Oligopin ® PBE is a raw bulk OPC ingredient from pinebark.
TOTAL POLYPHENOL CONTENT > 96%
DIMERS: > 15%
TRIMERS UP TO PENTAMERS: 50%
PROCYANIDIN CONTENT (GPC): > 67%
PROCYANIDIN CONTENT (PORTER): 70%
ORAC VALUE (μMOL TEQ/G): 15000.
Oligopin® pine bark extract has been tested in vitro and in vivo by different methods and laboratories, standing out as pine bark OPC of the highest purity, and as one of the most precious French maritime pine bark extracts by the most extensively characterizations, on a basis of solid scientific data.
The Oligopin® pine bark extract health benefits include those for cardiovascular health, veins health and circulation enhancer, anti-ageing - skin elasticity. It is a good supplement for pigmentation problems, etc. †
Oligopin® pine bark extract demonstrates in vitro a strong affinity for the LDL particles. This OPC affinity conjugated with its anti-free radical properties suggests a potential OPC activity against LDL oxidation, which is the key of the atherosclerosis risk component. In an in vivo OPC experiment conducted during 8 weeks at the GBSA in Montpellier (France) in 2002, accumulation of oxidized lipids on the surface of arteries of syrian hamsters, fed with an hypercholesterolemic diet, was significantly reduced with a 15 mg/kg Oligopin® OPC supplementation. In parallel, a supplementation with 82 mg/kg of high polymeric tannins is much less efficient in the same conditions. The solid scientific data indicate that OPC pine bark extrac is an excellent supplement to fight nutritional deficiency, namely antioxidant deficiency, and related health problems.
3. ExGrape® Total PE as a substitude of red wine extract: polyphenols > 92%
Maker: GROUPE GRAP'SUD in France.
ExGrape ® is a registered trademark of GROUPE GRAP'SUD in France.
ExGrape® Total PE is equivalent to red wine extract, This unique total profile of red wine polyphenols affects on aortic lipid deposition shown by scientific studies.† ExGrape ® Total PE is a strong antioxidant with ORAC value (over 17 000), equivalent or superior to the best grape OPCs in the world, and has greater antioxidant activity than any other red wine extracts.
ExGrape® Total PE is guaranteed Halal, and is absolutely free from any alcohol. It is made from whole red grapes without the fermentation process of making red wine.
The specifications of 3 extracts in FrenchGlory ® OPC products: Oligopin® pine bark extract, Vitaflavan® grape seed extract and red wine exGrape ® extract are available in the 3 manufacturers’ web sites:
Note: The following scientific studies are cited here for information only.
Examples of scientific research conducted using Vitaflavan ® grape seed extract:
1. A Ardevol, C Blode, MJ Salvado and L Arola; Changes in lipolysis and hormone-sensitive lipase expression caused by procyanidins in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. International Journal of Obesity (2000) 24, 319-324.
2. M Pinent, MC Blade, MJ Salvado, et al. Grape seed derived procyanidins interfere with adipogenesis of 3T3-L1 cells at the onset of differentiation. International Journal of Obesity (2005) 1-8.
3. M Pinent, MC Blade, MJ Salvado, et al. Intracellular Mediators of Procyanidin-induced Lipolysis in 3T3-L1 Adipocytes. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (2005) 53, 262-286.
A recent example of scientific research conducted using Oligopin ® French maritime pine bark extract OPC:
4. Elise Dargelosa, Cédric Bruléa, Pascal Stuelsatza, et al. Up-regulation of calcium-dependent proteolysis in human myoblasts under acute oxidative stress; Experimental Cell Research (2010) 316, 115-125.
References related to red wine ExGrape® Total PE:
5. AUGER Cyril et al. Red wine phenolic compounds reduce plasma lipids and apolipoproteinB and prevent early aortic atherosclerosisin hypercholesterolemicgolden Syrian hamsters. American Society for Nutritional Sciences (2002) 1207-12132.
6. ZERN Tosca L. et al. Grape polyphenols decrease plasma triglyceridesand cholesterol accumulation in the aorta of ovariectomizedGuinea pigs. American Society for Nutritional Sciences (2003) p2268-2272.
7. AUGER Cyril et al. “Procyanidins and anthocyanidinsrich grape extracts prevent early atherosclerosisin hypercholesterol emichamsters” 1st International Conference of “Polyphenols and health”. Vichy 17-19 November (2003), France.
8. MANIJEH-SHAFIEE et al. “Grape and grape seed extract capacities at protecting LDL against oxidation generated by Cu2+, AAPH or SIN-1 and at decreasing superoxide THP-1 cell production. A comparison to other extracts or compounds.” Free Radical Research (2003) 37 (5), pp. 573-5845.
9. AUGER Cyril et al. “Phenolics from commercialized grape extracts prevent early atherosclerotic lesions in hamsters by mechanisms other than antioxidant effect.” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (2004), 52, 5297-5302.
† These statements have not been evaluated by the US Food & Drug Administration.
FrenchGlory® isotonic OPC antioxidants are nutritional supplements that help in fighting some nutritional deficient health problems due to imbalanced diet, not intended to diagnose, treat, care or prevent general diseases.
FrenchGlory® is a registered trademark of AmeriNutra, Inc. It is a mark of a single word derived from 2 words - French Glory.